10 songs for an architect (probably a woman architect) and those who love them...




a chocolate heart




These are 10 love songs for an Architect (probably a woman architect) and those who love them...



1. Peter Frampton, “Baby I love your way”

https://youtu.be/msoYc53rgTg

Frampton, "Love your way", Oakland Colliseum, 1977



Oh baby I love your way, everyday
Wanna tell you I love your way
Wanna be with you night and day
AZLyrics

This song just tells me the ultimate thing a woman wants to hear: i love your way, i don't want you to be any different than you already are, i love you just the way you are, but he says it so much simpler.


2. Talking Heads, “This must be the place”

https://vimeo.com/65270645

Hi yo
We drift in and out
Hi yo
Sing into my mouth
Out of all those kinds of people
You got a face with a view
I'm just an animal looking for a home and,
Share the same space for a minute or two
And you love me till my heart stops
Love me till I'm dead
Eyes that light up, eyes look through you
Cover up the blank spots
Hit me on the head
Ah ooh
AZLyrics


3. Rolling Stones, “Wild Horses”



I know I dreamed you a sin and a lie
I have my freedom but I don't have much time
Faith has been broken, tears must be cried
Let's do some living after we die
Wild horses couldn't drag me away
Wild, wild horses, we'll ride them some day
Wild horses couldn't drag me away
Wild, wild horses, we'll ride them some day
AZLyrics



4. Nine Inch Nails, “Closer”
Explicit content warning!

"closer"




well, if you listened to the video, i think it says it all in a very rough, very sexual way.



5. U2, “All I want is you” coupled with “Where the streets have no name”






All the promises we break
From the cradle to the grave
When all I want is you


Where the streets have no name
Where the streets have no name
We're still building
Then burning down love
Burning down love
And when I go there
I go there with you
It's all I can do
AZLyrics



6. Bob Marley, “Could you be loved”



Love would never leave us alone,
I am the darkness there must come out the light.


Could you be love and be loved?
Could you be love, wo now! - and be loved?
AZLyrics


7. Roxy Music, “More than this” or frankly, any song on this album



More than this - there is nothing
More than this - tell me one thing
More than this - there is nothing
AZLyrics


8. Guns N Roses “Sweet child of mine”


if you have to have an 80’s hair band love song, here you go, and with a Slash guitar solo to boot.
i won’t print the lyrics but she reminds him of his childhood and he doesn’t want to hurt her…


9. Eurythmics, “Love is a Stranger”


Can you even argue with that?

Love is a danger
Of a different kind
To take you away
And leave you far behind
And love love love
Is a dangerous drug
You have to receive it
And you still can't
Get enough of the stuff
AZLyrics


10. Kate Bush "Running Up That Hill"



what can you say? love is complicated…


Is there so much hate for the ones we love?
Tell me, we both matter, don't we?
You, it's you and me.
It's you and me won't be unhappy.
AZLyrics

"but this one goes to 11...."
11.
I heard that a certain past president sings this to his wife..." and that's good enough for me :)

Al Green "Let's Stay Together"

12. Because life goes on.....
The Lumineers: "Brightside: in concert in L.A.


13. We are all a little stubborn... and stubborn love takes all....
"Stubborn Love" by The Lumineers

14. If I hate you, then I love you, then I change my mind...

15. The story is that Christy McVie was writing this about the new love in her life but she said it was about her dog because that's what you do when you are in a band with your ex...

16. Love and Architecture... and you can dance to it ;)

17. Because sometimes it is just fun to sing in the car with someone.... (I was at this US Festival but not for this day, lol!!!  


Happy Valentine's Day!!!




Please contact me via my website below for more information on the firm and sponsorship of the blog and podcast.

Comments

Popular Posts