#ArchiTalks 34 "renewal"



Renewal


Towards the end of 2017, I was aware of a lot of things I had to renew, my architecture license in two different states, my ethics training for my planning commission position, the continuing education units that I somehow had not finished….
And my renewal email for the AIA.


And as another year was nearing to a close, I looked back and thought,


It was the best of times
It was the worst of times….


And I was glad that I had the training and the wherewithall to be in the position I was in,
an architect


And I probably learned more about hospital design and the OR and OSHPD 3 than I ever thought I would, and I am still learning...  


Life Lessons!!!




(if you have never watched this Martin Scorcese contribution to “New York Stories” watch it now, you will learn what to do and what not to do to make it as a creative…. Nick Nolte’s best film by far…)


Another year and i look back on my resolution or post from the last two years and….


It doesn’t look like i do much at all


But….


I really do


So, what I have decided to do is “borrow” from one of the greatest, if not the greatest late night comedian of all time:


David Letterman


And his “Top Ten List”






I’ve never met a woman architect before’s Top Ten List for 2017  
(but unlike Dave’s, it is ordered timewise...)





10. The Women’s March






9. Thank you note from Barack Obama


.
8. First Interview for the new EntreArchitect Podcast Series




7. Alley Rounds: Sparring with Steven A. O’Leary about working for yourself vs. working for others





6. AIA ‘17 Getting to meet and hang out with the other #architalks bloggers and hear Michelle Obama
speak!!!!




5. Open House San Diego, Irving Gill’s First Church of Christ Scientist



.


4. “The Architect is In” Dwell on Design Show, Los Angeles
Blogged about it on Dwell on Design Blog
http://blog.dwellondesign.com/awad-ive-never-met-a-woman-architect-before/





3.5. Women in Architecture Lecture for High School Young Women w/ Meghana Joshi











3. Fun with Architect Friends




2. Architecture projects: In Progress




And Completed



And the Number One Good Thing about 2017:


Ringing in 2018!!!!


I am now offering sponsorship opportunities and I am grateful for that. Please contact me via my website below for more information.






If you want to know what other architects views on “renewal”, please follow the links below and thank you for reading my blog!



Lee Calisti, AIA - Think Architect (@LeeCalisti)
get out of town renewal


Lora Teagarden - L² Design, LLC (@L2DesignLLC)
Goal Renewal


Jeremiah Russell, AIA - ROGUE Architecture (@rogue_architect)
renewal: #architalks


Eric T. Faulkner - Rock Talk (@wishingrockhome)
Renewal - Re-Ranch


Meghana Joshi - IRA Consultants, LLC (@MeghanaIRA)
Architalks 34: Renewal


Stephen Ramos - BUILDINGS ARE COOL (@BuildingsRCool)
No guts, no glory!


Brian Paletz - The Emerging Architect (@bpaletz)
Renewal


Michael LaValley - Evolving Architect (@archivalley)
working towards my site re-launch. next time! cheers


Jeffrey Pelletier - Board & Vellum (@boardandvellum)
5 Tips for Harnessing Renewal to Advance Your Goals


Samantha R. Markham - The Aspiring Architect (@TheAspiringArch)
reNEWal. new year. new goals


Jim Mehaffey - Yeoman Architect (@jamesmehaffey)
Renewal (at Each Beginning)


Tim Ung - Journey of an Architect (@timothy_ung)
Break Routines


Mark Stephens - Mark Stephens Architects (@architectmark)
Opting out on this one


Larry Lucas - Lucas Sustainable, PLLC (@LarryLucasArch)
Renewal is Valuable for Heart and Hometown


Steve Mouzon - The Original Green Blog (@stevemouzon)
The 12 Steps of Sprawl Recovery

Comments

Popular Posts