#Interview #Podcast w/ Tim Andreas of AWEWORKS



Tim Andreas of AWEWORKS

 


Listen here to podcast w/ Tim Andreas of AWEWORKS


DELIVERING INSPIRING BEAUTY

Tim Andreas:

"While preparing for a team retreat in 2019 on Expertise vs. Opinion, I reflected on the four distinct phases of my career evolution and I realized that while I had been an architect, an interior designer, a digital innovator, and a leader, what I had always done was strive to deliver a beautiful project, inspiring awe and wonder.

That had been my singular purpose, from conception to execution. I had pivoted and progressed to gain experience across the breadth of design in order to understand the complete picture - from the perspective of both the client and the designer - to learn that design is ultimately about creating emotion."






Tim's Childhood Split-Level Home



I was thrilled to be able to finally interview my good friend and architect Tim Andreas because he is not at the moment having to sign any NDA .  

So we have had many adventures over the years and i have always said, "let's do a podcast" and he has always had to decline (or that is what he said...)

We have enjoyed being friends from the first time I met him, heading up to Joshua Tree as young architects in the Nineties, with our "LA Architect camping group". 
Ask him about what I wore!!!!   
for the record, my late ex and i were coming from work....  
(it was "black leather beetle boots, tight jeans and an oversized man's suit jacket)  
We have always enjoyed a "love" of fashion, lol!

Our stays in Vegas during KBIS IBS.

The road trip from Los Angeles, California to Sheboygan, Wisconsin the first week of November in a convertible Volvo with a french bulldog in the back seat and amazing suits that I will never be able to afford (what was the comment about my suit jacket, lol???) through Utah snow for a great opportunity (for him) to work for one of the largest family-owned companies in the world.   

Our common connection of being FROM Pennsylvania, though opposite sides.  In fact, had I stayed in PA instead of moving to be with my family, I might have gone to architecture school with him.

I think we have a lot of stories to share, unfortunately most of them cannot be shared here. 

He doesn't like to talk about the work that he has done but I am here to say that he has worked at architecture offices and on projects that i find quite frankly, to be amazing. 

He has worked at Koning Eizenberg, along with another one of our friends and that is how I was able to meet Hank and Julie in the early 90's, he worked on the Mondrian Hotel, Ian Schrager/Phillippe Starke hotels, a Santa Barbara hotel on the beach where he was able to live and work at the site (how awesome is that?) He has two of his own hotel projects in London with his own firm of Banjo and the Lodge Kohler in Wisconsin as well as the interiors for the Kohler offices. 

And I am glad to have met him so many years ago....



Tim's Three Classic Buildings:











Medieval Cloisters











Barns



Maison de Verre



Thank you to the Sponsors:









contact info:

Mike Schott

Mike@PriorityDW.com      

Quotes@PriorityDW.com

(858) WINDOWS

San Diegos Largest 16,000 SF Showroom!

Priority Doors & Windows

8185 Camino Santa Fe

San Diego, CA 92121




California Building & Remodeling
License # 826654 / Bond # 191316
TEL (858) 483-0800 Fax (858) 483-0801



I am now offering sponsorship opportunities and I am grateful for that. Please contact me via my website below for more information.

Comments

Popular Posts